Coconut Oil - Nature's Miracle



Coconut oil is one of the most versatile natural oils. The question is what can’t coconut oil do? I love this oil so much that it is permanently embedded into all my beauty regime. There are over a 100 uses for coconut oil but here are some of my beauty favourites.

Hair

Coconut oil is fantastic for treating dry scalp and dandruff, it sends moisture right through the root. Mix your conditioner with coconut oil when deep conditioning or apply lightly to your roots and massage in to dry or wet hair. It can also be used to tame your frizz for both your hair and weave, just rub a pea size amount in your palm and smooth from midshaft to ends.

I don't joke with my daily coconut oil spray (a mixture of coconut oil, water and leave-in conditioner). Works wonders on my hair ;).


Dry Skin


Coconut oil is great for dry skin as it penetrates the skin deeply. As a “mixologist” I add coconut oil, almond oil and some "Aqua di Gio" to my body lotion and my skin has never looked better.

 
Whitening Toothpaste


Yes you read right! Coconut oil mixed with baking soda is an amazing teeth whitener. Coconut oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal and destroys the bacteria that can cause tooth decay.


Makeup Remover


Yup, that's right! Trust me no matter how stubborn that Kajal eyeliner or Waterproof mascara can be, it can’t conquer the power of coconut oil when it comes to removing stubborn makeup. Apply directly to your face as an oil cleanse or let it sit on your skin with a cotton pad. It's my nightly ritual and it also doubles as a cleanser for me.


Stretch Mark Treatment


The most common use for coconut oil is to reduce the appearance of stretch marks especially for pregnant women. It can also be used as a topical treatment for scars. The oil won’t remove marks but it will help prevent blisters and spots from forming and help the skin heal.  

Using this nature's miracle oil consistently over a period of time, faded out the stretchmarks on my biceps (both arms!). I'm proud to wear sleeveless shirts and blouses, and show off my arms whenever I hit the gym; something I couldn’t do before.

Go ahead and give it a try, be sure to thank me later :).

Xoxo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rules For Wearing Suspenders. Number 1 is a Must!

8 Tips For A Better Natural Hair Journey

Facts About The Akwete ( Igbo ) Fabric.