Homemade Onion Soup Mix

I've been getting a lot of questions on where to buy the Beefy Onion Soup Mix, so, I have decided to share a Home-made recipe and I do hope you can try it out.

What I love about this recipe is that I didn’t have to look high and low for the ingredients; it's a recipe that contained just dried herbs and spices!

Onion Soup Mix

2/3 cup dried, minced onion
3 teaspoons parsley flakes
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons turmeric (optional)
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a jar, then give the jar a good shake. I’d recommend shaking the jar to mix the ingredients well before each use. Store this in a dry, cool place.

Use 4 Tablespoons Onion Soup Mix anytime u want to make something delicious. You can use this mix for your unripe plantain porridge, yam porridge(diced into small cubes), irish potato porridge, etc.

I tried mine in what I call " my veggies soup". It is a combo of the Mix and shredded veggies like carrots, cabbage, red beans, green pepper, grean peas and tripe(or what we call shaki). The "tripe" (shaki) should be cut in stripes,seasoned and cooked properly before adding some water, the mix and then veggies. Simmer over low heat for like 5 minutes and voila, food is ready!

Be careful not to overcook so you don't ruin the delicious taste of your veggies.

So folks, go ahead and try yours! I'd love to hear from you (your different adaptations of the mix).

Ciao! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rules For Wearing Suspenders. Number 1 is a Must!

8 Tips For A Better Natural Hair Journey

Facts About The Akwete ( Igbo ) Fabric.