Another Wash Day: Coconut Milk Pre-poo and Banana Hair Mask Treatment

Hello Curlies!

As promised, I used coconut milk as my pre-poo treatment during my wash day last night and my hair is truly grateful!

I got back home about 7:00pm, tired and worn out due to the no fuel/traffic situation in Lagos coupled with the absence of electricity(you can imagine the feeling). But as they say "love makes one go the extra mile", I wasted no time in starting the pre-poo process.

Ingredients for the coconut milk :

  • Two balls of coconuts
  • Bottled water

Process : 

I extracted the dry meat of the coconut, cut them into tiny bits and blended with some water. I allowed to sit for an hour so the milk will be fully separated from the water, and viola! Before applying the milk on my hair, I mixed some olive oil in it to help lock in moisture. 


I was going to wash the coconut milk off by midnight and apply my banana hair mask, but the tiredness took hold of me and I drifted off to lala land! Thankfully, I woke up rather early and finished off the process. 

 Ingredients for the banana mask:

  • Six fingers of ripe (Igbo) banana 
  • Coconut milk 
  • Essential oils (I used JBCO, Palm kernel oil, olive oil and coconut oil)
  • Pure honey
  • A tbsp of Beautiful Textures deep conditioning repair cream
  • A tsp of shea butter
Process:

Blended the banana and coconut milk, poured the paste into a bowl and added all other ingredients. I stirred to form a smooth paste.


After applying the mask, I covered my hair with a plastic cap for 30 minutes and rinsed off with warm water, and final rinse with a combo of green and black tea. I patted my hair dry with a tee shirt, applied JBCO to seal in moisture and then leave-in conditioner + coconut oil, styled in my usual updo bun and I was good to go! Though the shrinkage is real, but who cares! :-) 



This is one treatment I'll recommend to anyone who wants healthy hair. It's something I would try again after taking out my next protective hairstyle (btw, am making crochet braids tmr, saturday. I'll post pictures afterwards). 

Imagine the thrill of combing your hair and not a strand of hair comes off. Yayyyyyy!! I'm all up for natural DIY remedies.



Would you try this treatment? Your questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Until my next post, ciao!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rules For Wearing Suspenders. Number 1 is a Must!

8 Tips For A Better Natural Hair Journey

Facts About The Akwete ( Igbo ) Fabric.